Sunday, August 28, 2005

Public Service Announcement

Hubby is grumbling because there is no new post.

I have been trying to not just chatter here, and take the time to post meaningful, thoughtful or highly witty epistles that will keep you coming back time and time again. I am trying to write, not chat.

But, although I do not have time right now to impart some deeply meaningful award winning hooha, I do have something to say:

Get thee to the health food store right now and get some Omega 3 Fatty Acids, NOW!

I have been very highly stressed over the past few weeks and was approaching full on melt down on Thursday and Friday. I have had episodes of Anxiety Disorder in my not so distant past (college years) and was feeling back on that path to chemical instability, to my great vexation.

So I got adjusted (I have been sorely lacking consistent Chiropractic care while Hubby is so far away) and took my fish oil twice a day all weekend. And now, while my stress levels are still much higher than the average bear's, I am feeling all right again. No quivering stomach. No diarrhea. No sleeplessness (except the child induced kind). I am reduced to stressed but stable, Thank God!

And so, your public service announcement for today: Every mom needs her Omega 3s, so don't skimp! And get your spine evaluated to see if you have subluxation too, 'cuz that shit will mess you up but good! Too many people are counting on you! And the rest of you ought'ta too, but you're just not as cool . (I may actually be feeling a bit sassy again!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the silky skin benefit- at least I get soft from the Udo's vegetarian blend. Do you think the plant omegas pack the same punch as the fish ones? I have an autistic child and am paranoid about heavy metals.

PS- chat away, we can take it.

Mar said...

I'm sorry to tell ya clickmom, the vegetarian ones don't even begin to cut it. The body very poorly converts EFAs from Flaxseed oil and such. You'd need to drink like a gallon of the stuff for any where near a similar dosage.

I am also very paranoid about heavy metals and am very picky about the quality of the omega 3s we ingest. My kids drink this stuff too. We have been very pleased with both Nordic Naturals and Innate Choice for clean safe and tasty options. Check out their websites for details and prices.

Sarah said...

Just a friendly reader popping in... I saw that you are an advocate of adjustments and a chiropractor as well... and I thought I'd share this link - http://drbenkim.com - to a chiropractor with interests in "alternative" health practices. (Check out under his "Recent Articles" an article re: Spinal Adjustments). He's big on his fish oil, too, and probiotic supplements and more (Look under Products We Recommend). There is a wealth of interesting information at his site. If you don't care - well, then just ignore this message ;) !! Happy Blogging!