Wednesday, August 24, 2005

How We Created Shock and Awe at the YMCA

On Sunday, Uncle J (Banana's Hubby) dropped off his girls for another week of zany child-wrangling and other adventures in packing and house showing. Yes, Banana Girl is a glutton for punishment (or else she really really loves me).

To reward them for all their help (Uncle J even mowed my lawn!) I took them all to the Y, ostensibly to have fun, but really so I could do something fun with my kids that doesn't involve bringing three children through changing rooms, swim diaper meltdowns, and multiple strangleholds around my neck and so on entirely alone. Because the fun becomes entirely cancelled out by the weeping (mine), shrieking (Quin), and begging (Gabe).

And we had a blast. We also let the children run amuck (as I am wont to do) and play with more than two noodles at once (gasp!) and both Banana and I nursed our babes in public! Hey, I'll only be here for another month. What the heck.

For photographic evidence of the fun and chaos, check it out.

Can we come to your pool next week?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, your Y makes mine look like a 3rd world country, and that is after the renovation.

Also-regarding the public nursing, I was such a public nurser that if you lived within 2 miles of me you were sure to see my breasts at some point in the extended nursing periods each one of mine nursed for. Good for you- whip it out!