Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Here's the Plan, Stan

I can finally proudly announce that I WILL NOT LIVE IN IOWA FOREVER!

That's right folks...You heard it here first; I am moving to Georgia! (To this house.)

Okay, I guess that's not news to most of you, but the actually newsworthy part is that there is finally an end in sight. A light at the end of the tunnel, if you will.

And the answer to all my angst, my turmoil of single parenting and running a practice situated a mere 900 miles from Hubby: We have hired an associate.

Her name is Dr. Susan and she will begin training in the office this week. I am planning to kick things back into high gear at the practice for the next five weeks while I teach Dr. Susan all that five plus years of practice and three practice start-ups have taught me, as well as perform a daily brain dump of as much of my "Wild and Weirdly Wonderful World of Dr. Mary" as any human can withstand. She will take my pregnancy and childbirth class this weekend. I also gave her a stack of WLP materials and CDs.

Did I mention the part where she also has to/gets to train with Dr. Casey two morning per week? Seriously people, her face might just melt off. Dr. Casey is my partner and he is TWICE as intense as I am. And he is from Arkansas.

This woman is gonna learn more than any new associate has ever learned in five weeks or her head might just explode. She seems pretty competent though. I think it's gonna be okay. She really is gonna be okay. I swear.

The plan is as follows: I am going to give my all to the practice and put my energy where my mouth is for once. I predict we will have the best month ever at the practice. I am going to keep my house immaculate and continue to show it until I get a nice juicy offer (How about a bidding war? Anyone?) and then I will packity pack pack (while the children are tied up with packing tape and hanging neatly in the closet) all my possessions for the big move.

Then I will take my children and my hound dog and my insane amount of boxed crafting materials and stuffed animals and broken toys and I am moving to the Southland. And I am going to sleep next to my hubby at night (or within two to three children's bodies reach).

So don't cry for me, Loyal Internet Readers, because I am going to The Land of Plenty. Soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to have you and Gabe and Quin and Pibhers here!!!! I need some feminine energy and one I know I can trust. Thank you so much for all you are to me. Can't wait to see you again! Set aside some time you want just you and hubby time over Labor Day and I'll be sure to capture your kids for a while. It'll be so good to see them, too.

Love ya!!!