Sunday, January 22, 2006

What's New?

What's new here:

1. Holy Cows! I actually WON the Blogging4Books thingy! If you wanna check out the other winning entries you should go here. You should go read them. But notice who got First Place, people! (Ahem.)

2. I went to go see Brokeback Mountain this weekend. Good movie, but a wee bit uncomfortable. You know what's even more uncomfortable than watching gay cowboys simulate anal sex on the big screen? Watching anal sex simulated on the big screen with your Dad.

Your Dad who is GAY. (Ahem.)

3. You know what's maybe even more uncomfortable than watching Brokeback Mountain with your Gay Dad? Watching 40 Year Old Virgin with your Gay Dad AND your husband. And laughing and laughing while people talk about fucking, on and on and on.

Okay. That's all for now. I gotta go take a Silkwood Shower or something. I feel dirty.

1 comment:

Anna Banana said...

Congratulations! I'm so proud that your entry won. It was very touching and well written. I enjoyed the twist you put on the subject of ex's, it made me laugh to think about my own life previous to Mielle's birth... and the joys in my life now.

And yes, it was really freaking weird watching 40 Year Old Virgin with Dad... but I imagine the gay cowboy movie was much more uncomfortable.... you noticed I didn't come with, didn't you. At least we were ALL laughing our asses off at the Virgin movie!