Saturday, September 10, 2005

Just Hang In There!




I'm having another rough week. And a particularly rough morning.

In the one final week that I remain here in Iowa, I need to:

  • Pack up my entire house (while juggling a 7 month old)
  • Locate a small crew of helpers to load up the moving van on Friday and Saturday
  • Locate a small crew of helpers in GA to unload the moving van the following week
  • Deal with a bunch of tricky icky financial matters dealing with closing the business
  • Deal with a bunch of tricky icky financial personal matters involved with moving
  • Get all my personal belongings from the office
  • Send my Quinny away to get some extra Nonny(gramma) time in Wisconsin while I am so crazed with matters here
  • Make approximately 97 critical phone calls to wrap everything up
  • Say Goodbye to good friends who I won't see for far too long

I am feeling overwhelmed, sad, embittered (by stressful situations beyond my control), and at the end of my rope. And while I prefer the Pollyanna-ish quintessential image of the cute kitty hanging from a bit of string (Just Hang In There!), ultimately, I think this image feels rather more apt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heya,

The quote that got your brother and I through our recent crapstorm is this:

Non Illigitimus Carborundum

or

Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Hope it helps you as much as it did me :P

BTW, I like the Viciously Precarious Alligator Picture way better than Polly the Vomitously Cute Kitty Cat.