Tuesday, June 06, 2006

A Sign That I Should be Blogging More

I am lying inertly on my bed, feeling rotten and slightly feverish.

Gabe approaches with a piece of lined notebook paper and a pencil.

Me: Umpff. (weakly) Hi Buddy.

Gabe: Mom! I made this sign! It says: "Do NOT disturb Gabe!"

Me: Oh. What's it for?

Gabe: It's for me 'cuz Quin keeps bugging me!

Me: (silence) Huh. But Gabe, can Quin read?

Gabe: (long silence, thinking) Yeaaah?


Gabe returns to the living room where I hear him lecture Quin about his sign and then he sits and watches cartoons while holding his sign in his lap. I continue to lie inertly and feverishly on my bed and watch Kathy Griffin (who is my new favorite comedic genius).

End Scene.




*Aren't you glad I came back to blog about the hilarity and great doings in my life? It was really funny at the time. I swear. Maybe it was the fever?

3 comments:

Anna Banana said...

I can just hear him explaining his sign to Quin... such a little rascal!

Give them kisses from me.

Kerry said...

Well, I much prefer it over an entry that simply says "I'm taking a break!" Pluuuueaze!

So did she heed the warning?

Anonymous said...

You need liquids.