Thursday, June 29, 2006

A Sign of Life

I exist.

I am crazed...with preparations to embark on the family road trip extraordinaire!

We will leave tomorrow morning from sunny, smoggy, sweltering Georgia and drive across the country in a minivan loaded with children ( and don't forget the family dog) and peanut butter sandwiches to breezy Wisconsin. We are planning to make it to Milwaukee in a single day.

Hubby plans to have a large drink, brimming with alcohol, as soon as we arrive, regardless to the time of arrival.

I will shoot numerous photos and hopefully relate a few heee-larious stories of madcap adventures on our Great American Roadtrip and subsequent tour of the Shining State of Wisconsin. 'Cuz we're gonna see all of it folks, God help us! We will be visiting every relative who ever had the (mis) fortune to share a snippet of DNA with our clan. Our kids will smear peanut butter onto every sofa from Milwaukee to Crandon to Eau Claire to Mondovi. They will never forget us (or remove the stains from our visit).

Hey, it could be worse, we could be going to Iowa. ('Nuff said.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY! I take major offense! Unless you mean Quad Cities. I'm sorry, but I've been over the border to Wisconsin. No better than Iowa.

And I'm super mad at you for not stopping by. You were soooo close!

Anonymous said...

oops I meant to sign that one

Kris

Anonymous said...

I'm counting the hours until the mayhem descends on our house!!!!

Anonymous said...

ciaooooooo! tutto bene ?