Thursday, October 20, 2005

Status: Ubercool

My boy, my sweet little bear, is getting so big suddenly. He walks differently and talks differently and swaggers around independently, like a...male. It's kinda freakin' me out.

Today, when he got home from school and burst in the front door he saw that I had company (a girlfriend visiting). He quickly and smoothly shifted gears from his usual excited report on his school day, coolly slung his backpack on the floor and said, "Hey. What's up?"

It was like he morphed into a swaggering teenager in front of my very eyes. What will he have left to communicate his cool when he is fifteen? Will he just stroll past me and grab a beer out of the fridge while scratching his nuts?

However, an hour later he ran naked into the kitchen and demanded, in front of the same company, that I wipe his butt. Guess who's ubercool now? Mom...the buttwiper.

Wait, maybe he is the cool one. He can get chicks to wipe his poopy behind on demand! Damn, I've been played!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mary,
Gabe is supercool just like his papa. He (Gabe) has all the ladies charmed!