Saturday, January 06, 2007

New Year's Resolutions

Like so many, I struggle with the resolution dilemna. If you resolve something, then you're pretty much doomed to failure. Which will make you feel like shit and send you to swim in trough of remorse and failure (which tastes just terrible!) and you will then be required to rescue yourself with a life preserver of cookie dough and red wine and celebrity gossip rags! (which might sink?? Hmmm. Crap analogy.)

To wit: I considered resolving to blog weekly. But alas, it has already been more than a week since my last blog entry. Hmph. Whatever.

Or, I considered resolving to be more organized, but that is akin to resolving that I grow 4 inches. I AM organized. I just have 87 children and four full time jobs (or so it seems). How about I resolve to have a full time maid and cook? (That's not me, I mean.) How about if I just get all my Christmas stuff put away before February?

I want to resolve to spend more quality time doing cool stuff with the kids. Weeknights, I tend to make their dinner and get them settled in front of the TV and then I do all the stuff I need to do (laundry, cleaning, bills etc) and squeeeeze in a bit of stuff I want to do, like watch last weeks episode of Top Chef or catch up on all the back episodes of Heroes (holy crap, that's a great show!).

This photo represents all my short comings in both of those potential resolutions. While I was watching Heroes, Quin reorganized the christmas decorations (which should be put away) for me and created her own version of Peace. Hey, at least she was being very quiet. That's what peace on earth is all about, right? Right? (I'm sooo pathetic.) If only she has an "s" she could have spelled "escape". Sigh. It always sucks to be confronted by the gap between your intentions and your actions. THAT is the problem with New Year's resolutions.


When Peace Gets Jumbled, originally uploaded by ICB Mar



And finally I have resolved to do more crafty things because it's fun and I LOVE me the fabric store.

Here is my current project: I am going to make a bear for Tristan (small nephew) and Jasper (other small nephew). * Note: I have the fabric all picked out for Mielle's kitty but let's finish this project first!*



I am using this wee wonderfuls pattern book (purchase one here) again with a few minor ammendments. Because, for one, I am making BOY bears!



So, stay tuned for more adorable crafting and tales of woe.

No comments: