Monday, September 04, 2006

Excuses

Hi.








Like anybody will even read this since it has been 40-some days since I last posted.

An entire month has come and gone. All of August in its sweltering beauty and daily afternoon thunderstorms,...kaput.

And now September has arrived. As uncrisp and un-fall-like as September can be in the Southland. We are looking forward to another 75 days of air conditioning.

And we are nearing the one year mark of being true country fried Southerners. We say "ya'll and fixin' to" with reckless abandon and nobody even hollers "Hey Billy Bob, we don't say fixin TA, we say fixin TO". In other words, we fit right in.

We attempted a pseudo-Brush Run party yesterday and gathered together the old crew which is near enough to attend (Peter) and a gang of students from the Chiropractic school and we ate garlic dip and enjoyed a few libations. But the whole thing was over by midnight and nobody sat around the campfire until dusk...so it just wasn't the same. Maybe we'll do better next year.

I have a new job at the school, which keeps me even busier than the old one. But I am enjoying it immensely, and am even getting to travel a bit here and there.

I'd like to claim that my job is so crazy that I legitimately don't have time to blog...but I guess that would be a cop out. I don't have (or don't choose to make) the time to blog the way I really want to, therefore, I don't blog almost at all, except occasionally to pacify the six of you out there who check back here regularly because you KNOW me and you want to see what the kids are doing down here in the Land of Plenty.

My formerly growing audience of people who read this blog because it WAS an interesting place and my writing WAS actually compelling in some way has long since returned to dooce or some other person who posts well written things on a regular basis. So, in a way, the condition of this blog makes me feel like a failure and I never like to revisit the scene of my failures. So, hence, I never come here. Sad, but true.

So, for the six of you who miss hearing from me: here ya go. I posted.

Maybe I'll be in a better mood next time and I'll post some photos.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Number One reporting in...

Glad to see you're still alive. I'd rather look at your nonblog everyday than visit dooce. She bores me. I don't understand why she's so popular. It's just the hype.

Peach State Roofing & Construction said...

I actually check your blog every few days hoping you've posted. I am sad, I know. :) What's this Brush party thing? I have never heard of one. What's dooce? Maybe it will help me kill time before you post again. ;)

Kerry said...

Um, excuse me? I don't know you and I check back on a regular basis. I know that you are busy, you're a Mom, but I trust that you will always come back. Just like a good Mom should! haha

I have never even heard of Doose. Weird. I do read that other super popular 10,000 comments on every post, 50 million hits a day V.M. Okay, perhaps I exagerate a little bit. I might be bitter because I get 6 hits a year on my very entertaining blog! haha

Sarah said...

quality, not quantity :o)

but perhaps at least once a month would keep us hungry-for-compellin'-momma-writin' folk happy.

but it's better than a page full of mindless memes, for sure!

Anonymous said...

We still know you're wonderful! Don't feel bad, guilty or otherwise. Just know that you are loved...and relish in the thought.

Anna Banana said...

Hey sis!

I'm as much of a blogging slacker these days, but at least I have my pregnancy and no access to the internet to fall back on as excuses!

Hugs and kisses

Anonymous said...

Just happy to see anything! Love, love!

Anonymous said...

Brush run....

friends, laughter, a constantly dirty kitchen, yummiest food ever, booze, garlic, running naked in the warm rain, sleeping in, naps, finding pants, did I mention booze, movies, Peter's latest dance video, steam showers, oh yeah big trucks roaring around a muddy track & crashes, did I mention friends & laughing til we wanted to pee?

Love you guys
Crisby