Saturday, March 11, 2006

Lamb Cakes

You know how they say "March comes in like a Lion and goes out like a Lamb or else March comes in like a Lamb and goes out like a Lion"?

On March 1st, in Georgia, it was in the sixties and sunny. I was thinking: I wonder what the Lion will look like, because this is obviously Lamb weather.

Today, March 11th, is 80 degrees, sundrenched, breezy, and altogether another world from where I come from.

I'm used to the Northland, where March is the month where you finally take off your down parka and only need two quilts at night. March, to me, heralds the change from below zero weather to a balmy 15 degrees ABOVE zero. In March, you might only have to shovel the driveway ONCE a week.

This week I had to dig out the kids' shorts and sundresses, because SPRING is here, and frankly, it's more like summer in Northern Wisconsin. Up at the Lake House, this kind of weather isn't typically seen until August.

So, let me enjoy it, because by Easter I'll likely be bitching about the heat and humidity. (Wow! The Girls can wear Easter dresses without snowsuits this year!)

But for now I will enjoy the birdsong and spring peeper while I sip margaritas on my patio.

3 comments:

Kerry said...

I am so jelous. We live in MAINE! It is cold. Last week we retuned from a few weeks down south and I want to go back to the beach! As you can see from my blog, we looked in Georgia, but I guess we were looking in all the wrong places. Where we were was not appealing at all. Enjoy your sunshine!

http://ourfamilyisgreat.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Just wait... You will be bitching about the humidity soon enough. I have lived here my entire life and still can't deal with it. Enjoy this while it lasts... Soon, you won't want to leave the sanctity of your a/c filled house or car.

Angela

Anonymous said...

When do YOU have time to sip margaritas on your patio???